A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hunting Blessings For Pat


My Vicksburg hunting friend, Pat May Strange, said that two deer friends came to see her while hunting over the weekend so she kept them together.  She got them with two shots!  They crossed together in a bottom to her left and she hollered trying to stop the buck.  Then the doe brought him in front of her and doe stayed around so she shot her too.  She said this is the first time that this has ever happened to her and been hunting for a long time.  

I had similar experience years ago during the muzzleloading season when dogs were running a buck and doe and they just happened to stop in front of my stand.  I shot the doe with iron sights and she dropped.  I thought it was strange that the buck was hanging around waiting for her to get up...so...I decided to reload and shoot again but with all the anticipation and excitement, I missed.  

Congratulations to my hunting friend in our great wild and wonderful Mississippi outdoors!  You go, girl!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...