A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter

Monday, January 01, 2018

A Cold New Year's Eve Hunt

I got invited again to hunt yesterday afternoon by my Granddaughter Victoria and her hubby, Jamie.  Did not realize how windy it was until I left home and it was already in the mid-thirties. We stopped to take a quick picture of us before we headed to hunt.  We were having a difficult time trying to figure out where I was going to hunt and I just went along with what they suggested since this was my second time to hunt on the land.  They suggested the best place was to hunt the road near where a stand was (that I could not get in).  Another hunter came in late as I was setting up and stopped to talk to me as to where they went and I told him.  We all got a late start hunting and as the afternoon went on it just got colder and colder and the wind was blowing so hard.   

Victoria and Jamie

Victoria and I ready to hunt all bundled up.

Walking to their stands towards the back of the camp.

I set-up near where they said deer would cross the road.

The road behind me.

Took a picture of me trying to stay warm but freezing.

Picture of the Super Moom while making my way back to the Jeep.

I decided to stop hunting around 5:10 because I was very uncomfortable with the wind blowing and the temps dropping and getting colder.  I got my chair, camo blind, hunting bag and rifle and started walking to their Jeep that was parked up the road.  I was not there long and they came walking out.  When we got back to where my truck was parked it showed it was 27 degrees.  I enjoy being in the woods but it was just too cold with the wind blowing and everyone was ready to leave and go home to a warm house.  No one saw a deer so maybe next time we will get lucky.  

Happy New Year to all the hunters in our great wild and wonderful freezing outdoors!  Be safe and stay warm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...